Solution-Focused training for counsellors
and school psychologists
The Brief Therapy Institute of Sydney (part of the Brief Solutions group, along with the Strengths in Schools project) has a longstanding connection with school counsellors.
- Michael has been an invited presenter in the NSW Department of Education and Training School Counselling Retraining Course over the last few years.
- Michael has conducted in-service training on Solution-Focused Brief Therapy in Schools for groups of school counsellors in a number of areas in NSW, included two-day presentations at the Riverina School Counsellor's conference in Albury and the New England School Counsellor's conference in Tamworth, and one-day training for groups of counsellors in Sydney.
- Michael and Ian have has conducted two-day Strengths and Solutions in Schools training at Parramatta, attended by a number of counsellors.
- Michael has conducted more focused workshops on Working with Depression and Suicide and on Solution-Focused Supervision of Counsellors, for the Queensland Guidance and Counselling Association.
- Michael has been a keynote speaker at a number of Guidance and Counselling conferences.
- Michael had an adjunct appointment at the University of Sydney on the school psychologists Masters course.
We can provide training in Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, with a particular focus on the issues and problems that arise in schools. Solution-Focused Brief Therapy offers an approach that is well-suited to School Counsellors, who have many demands on their time and are often spread thinly across more than one school.
Contact us to explore one- or two-day training for groups of counsellors.
The Brief Therapy Institute of Sydney offers two-day training courses in Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, attended by a wide range of education, health and welfare professionals. School counsellors often attend these courses and report them practical and useful.
Go to the Brief Therapy Institute of Sydney training page for more details.
Solution-Focused training for school counsellors, guidance officers and educational psychologists
References, links and resources